Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine's day


I made it a rule back in high school never to wear red on February 14. Black is a bit overly dramatic (unless, of course I feel like being overly dramatic, which this year I don't), so blue has become my colour of choice for most Valentine's days. The dress is from The Gap and was given to me by my godmother as a Xmas gift last year. The turtleneck is also from The Gap, which might make you think that I shop there on a regular basis, but honestly it's just that they make jeans and turtlenecks that fit me well. The wool tights are from my mother, who gave me several pairs when I left for colder climes. Like any good New Englander, she got them at L.L. Bean. I used to wear this outfit alot until I saw the exact same dress on a regular customer at work (always a hazard with Gap clothing). The woman was in her late 40s/early 50s and clearly should not have been dressing like a French school girl anymore. Since then I pause when reaching for this jumper. I'm not really sure why I chose to wear this today.

No comments:

Post a Comment