Tuesday, June 2, 2009


This isn't a great picture of me, but at least the dress has a more interesting pedigree than some of my other outfits this week. I bought it at a sale put on by the Chaffey College costume department. Mr. K. asked me what play it had been used in, but sadly I don't know. I bought a load of other things at that sale, but this is the only one I have actually worn, probably because it the least "costume-y" of the bunch. Let's talk a little about the construction, shall we? It's got an insane amount of fullness at the waistline which I think could have been dispensed with without altering the overall shape. It's almost like it was originally meant for someone 5 times my hip size. When I bought it, it was ankle length, so a little bit of hemming was in order. Now I think it has a nice forties vibe to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment