Sunday, October 18, 2009

Of the two pictures I took of this outfit, I like this top one better. I think the skirt hangs nicer and, more importantly, I think I look better (though this is perhaps debatable). The only problem is the above picture cuts off my feet and todays shoes were an integral part of the look, so I am including my outtake photo so you can get a peek at them. Given that I have had a hard time accessing the unworn bits of my wardrobe lately (and trust me I am nowhere near finished wearing everything), this outfit is something of a triumph as none of it has been previously worn this year. The top is Diesel, I don't really remember where I bought it except to say that I only ever buy things from that brand when I'm in Britain. The dress is from American Apparel, and is intended to be worn as a strapless bubble dress. It looks pretty horrible on me when I've tried to do this. I've had much more success wearing it as a top and today I thought I'd try it out as a skirt. The shoes are from a little shop on Colorado Blvd. in Old Town Pasadena that Mr. C. took me to. I attempted to wear them earlier in the Summer, but found a black widow spider and her young living quite comfortably in them. Sadly, I had to displace the mother and abort her unborn spiderlings by means of the vacuum cleaner. Needless to say, I did not wear the shoes that particular day and it has taken me a few months to get up the nerve to put them on my feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment