Wednesday, February 10, 2010

garment 3

Oh man, this thing was a beast to sew!!! The garment itself is extremely simple and would have been quite breezy to do had I chosen a nice woven fabric like the pattern envelope suggested. Instead I used this tricot I've been hanging onto for years (I think it's probably from a yard sale) which made topstitching the arms and neck edges waaay more annoying than it needed to be. Sadly I didn't have enough fabric to do a nice job matching the border detail and had to piece the back. Oh well, the important thing is that the fabric is no longer sitting in a box and can now go about life as a productive member of my wardrobe. This tunic is based on Simplicity pattern 2472 with a few design overrides by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment