Wednesday, July 25, 2018


The sun is hot and high in the sky these days.  An unusual and welcome change from what things are normally like around here. The archetype of a late Summer’s day.  We’ve just moved into Leo season and Leo season has always been good to me – time to bask in the heat with our pride like the big cats do out on the African savannah. 

I’m not a Leo.  At least not by the rules of conventional newspaper column astrology.  The more I study this infinitely fascinating subject, however, I realize that actually, I sort of am.  Not only is my natal chart heaviest with Leo planets, but I was born in the small hours of the night, making my Leo moon take on extra significance. I am full of big cat energy, even down to the name my parent’s gave me which means “Lionness”.  

But for a while now I have forgotten that big cat energy.  I have instead been a kitten for a very long time.  I have let those around me project their own fears of being seen and standing out, onto me.  I’ve spent so much effort trying to clamp down on the shadow sides of my chart, that I’ve been afraid to let the gifts be seen.  And one of those gifts is bigness.  

So this Leo season, I am going to try to be just a little bigger.  To roar every so often.  It does appear to be my birthright after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment