Saturday, January 31, 2009

This is actually the outfit I wore to work today, but with a few additions to make it more festive (My friend R.'s family had a small birthday dinner for her). Let's start with the add ons: The jacket I found in my closet the other day and thought "Well, I will never want to wear that thing again". Its a child sized fake fur monstrosity that I bought at a thrift store I think in Washington, but maybe Pomona. I was so sure I was going to get rid of it then and there, but when I tried it on, it looked sort of fabulous in very punk rock sort of way. I also found $3 in the pocket, so it was almost as though the coat was bribing me to keep it. The hat was given to me by R. and since it was her birthday, it seemed the appropriate time to wear it out. She brought it back for me on her most recent trip to the U.K. It is from Topshop and according to her it caused quite a stir with the sales girls when she purchased it. You can see the veil portion of it a bit better in this picture. The zebra shirt (barely visible here) was also a souvenier. It was given to me by my ex-boyfriends sister after a trip to NYC. The pants are from The Gap.

No comments:

Post a Comment