Friday, January 30, 2009


Some days I feel like giving up on fashion and just adopting a uniform. On these days I imagine that I'm only going to shop at The Gap and become completely invisible. Gap clothes are what I like to refer to as "wallpaper clothing". Wallpaper clothing looks tasteful, but that's about all you can really say about it. You will neither be very stylish, nor very unstylish. So here I am in head-to-toe Gap (well, the sweater is actually from Banana Republic, but same difference). The trousers I got in Belfast and they fit really well. Why is it that I can't find pants that fit in the States?


I ended up not really liking this outfit. It looks okay here, but it made me feel dowdy all day. The sweater is from Dumpster Values. The skirt is part of a set made by my great aunt.



I'm not sure when or where I bought this dress, but I would venture to guess that it was at some sort of rummage sale in high school or just after. Back then I used to buy all sorts of these shapeless 60's dresses. I'm not sure if I realized at the time that you're supposed to wear these sort of dresses with a belt. It really looks so much better here now that I have figured that out (the dress even has belt loops, so I don't know how I managed to miss that one . . . or maybe I just liked looking like a pillowcase). The belt came from M. and it was part of a huge pile headed for the Goodwill that I raided. It is the only wide belt that I own at the moment. The shoes are from Payless, and for a time every girl I knew seemed to own a pair. The sunglasses are from H & M. I bought them on a weekend break to Glasgow when I had forgotten to bring a pair. There's something about that city that makes me forget sunglasses.

No comments:

Post a Comment