Here's garment number four, a Cynthia Rowley design for Simplicity patterns. I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out, though I accidentally melted a bit of the skirt with my iron (maybe if you view the enlarged photo you can see it - it's up in the gathering near the waistband). Even though I diligently measured the pattern before cutting, it still ended up being a bit more snug then I had anticipated. It's very comfortable while standing, but as soon as one sits down and consumes a bag of roasted nuts, it becomes necessary for one to unzip the zipper.
Tuesday, February 16, 2010
Okay, so I didn't finish my fifth garment by Sunday. I'm a little disappointed, but naturally I have obligations such as going to work that took precedence over my little project. Nevertheless, I am quite pleased with how much I got done - I don't usually get this amount of sewing done unless there is a grade being given out at the end. Incidentally, here is the pattern and fabric for my fifth garment (the blouse) which I hope to finish sometime this week.