Thursday, February 18, 2010

What do you think of my new background colour? The black was suddenly feeling too heavy and since it might as well be Spring out here, it seemed time to shed the dark Winter colours.

Recently, whilst organizing the old storage unit, it dawned on me the obscene amount of fabric I've been amassing for the past ten years or so, and I decided 2010 would be the year to turn some of that raw material into useful items. So, to go with today's Spring theme, I've pulled out a few of my floral fabrics. I would love to hear some suggestions on what I might do with them.

I thought maybe a 30's puffed sleeve blouse with this.

I'm really not sure what I had in mind with this one.

I only have a small amount of this and I had always figured on making patch pockets with it, but now I'm thinking perhaps a blouse yoke.

Ooh, this fabric is so delicious!!! I got it at Mandors and so far I've been too afraid to cut into it. Some day I hope it will become a dress.

I look at this fabric now and think "Why?". It really looks like horrible kitchen curtains, but at the time, I think I thought it looked like a Marimekko print and at one point I was going to make a skirt. I'm not so sure about that now.

I have so much of this fabric (A. and I bought a huge roll of it). Some day I'm going to design a whole collection around it just so I can get rid of all of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment