Thursday, February 7, 2013

Denim on denim

Ah, denim on denim.  Such a tricky thing to pull off.  I think the first time I saw it done really well was in Glasgow.  This woman was wearing skinny jeans and tight denim jacket both the colour of my top here, amazing heels and a fox around her neck, heads and all.  It looked amazing!  On the other end of the spectrum there is a couple that come into the record store every week who rock the denim on denim thing every time I see them (though I'm not sure "rock" is the appropriate word here).  Ill fitting pants and oversized jackets, they amaze me in a totally different way and I can't help wondering if they choose these outfits with care and wear them with pride or if they just can't be bothered.  Anyway, I'm hoping my look has a bit more in common with the former rather than the later.  I'm relatively new to this whole denim mixing thing, and I can't quite bring myself to go for a monochrome look just yet, but I supposed one must learn to crawl before one can run.

No comments:

Post a Comment