Tuesday, July 31, 2018


Theoretically I love nothing more than sitting in my garden with a good book on a nice day.  I’m afraid the reality is that I don’t actually get much reading done when I’m out in the garden.  There are just too many diversions.  Fat and fuzzy bumble bees slurping nectar in the bee garden; wee hoverflies eyeing me up; jackdaws chattering away.  I’ll read a sentence, get distracted by a butterfly - I barely get more than a few paragraphs in by the time I’m ready to come inside.

Today I was joined by these two who sat above me and took cheeky sneak peaks over my shoulder the way I do when I’m sat next to someone reading on an airplane.  
I don’t know about collared doves in general, but the ones around here are curious fellows.  They like to come sit on the bird feeder even though I’ve never once seen them actually eat anything.  They sometimes try to perch on the window frames and more than once I’ve caught one strutting about on the upstairs window sill.  Whenever they catch me looking at them, they seem a bit embarrassed and try to act all nonchalant.  Don’t you think these guys look a bit shifty?

No comments:

Post a Comment