Wednesday, January 7, 2009

This picture is of my outfit for Monday 1/5/08 (yes . . . okay, I've fallen behind a bit, but I was waiting to get together with my friend R. who is - to my mind at least - a computer genius). This particular outfit is all hand me downs. The sweater is from my great aunt, who was quite the little fashionista back in the day. She has given me all sorts of wonderful clothing of the style best described as "California Casual". This sweater has a wonderfully big cowl collar. Strictly speaking, it is not a cowl at all, but a giant turtle neck. Oh how I love big turtle necks and cowls!!! The pants used to belong to my brother. I took them over in high school when he deemed them too tight and switched to jeans that could frankly fit two of me in each pant leg. I wore them a lot my last two years of high school, but at this point I don't think I could tell you when I last wore them. I find them a bit too baggy these days (my friend A. said they were "Chaplin-esque" and that is definitely not the look I'm going for at the moment), so I have passed them along to the Goodwill. Only 5 days into the new year and I've already dispensed with 2 items of clothing!!! This is indeed a victory. The shoes are from the Glasgow branch of Scuh (I think that's how it's spelled). I've just rediscovered them this past year, and wear them to work pretty much every time I'm not wearing my trusty Campers.

No comments:

Post a Comment