Thursday, March 5, 2009


These colours look quite striking in this picture. I was a bit apprehensive this morning when putting this outfit together. I'm still not entirely sure that this mustard colour should ever be worn by anyone, but I got a fair amount of positive feedback on it throughout the day (the girl at the bagel shop said "I wanna just jump right in there . . . but y'know like not in a bad way"). I bought (or maybe even had my mother buy me) this sweater back in high school at a vintage clothing store that no longer exists in the Pomona antiques mall. Almost as soon as I bought it I decided it really didn't work for me and buried it in my sweater drawer where it remained until this morning. The jeans are new and from the Alexander McQueen for Target spree I went on yesterday. They might almost be too skinny for me (these days I have been reconsidering my position on skinny jeans), but in my shopping induced daze I tried them on and bought them. This outfit needed a bright accent, so I went with the blue shirt peeking out from under the sweater. It's from Topshop and I'm sure it will feature more prominently in an outfit when the weather warms up a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment